Ms. Rusti Christensen
Powerschool & Tech
Mr. Rob Guthrie
Network & Tech
Mr. Patrick Rookus
Auditorium & Tech
Mr. Chris Rule
Director of Information Services
Technology Mission, Vision, and Values
7 months ago
Technology Belief Statements:
- Technology is vital for education.
- Technology is a tool, not a means.
- Every individual deserves fair access to technology.
- Technology should always support and reinforce learning, never precede it.
To Support Education, Technology:
- Removes barriers for collaboration and teamwork.
- Gives students and teachers access the most up-to-date information more quickly and easily.
- Ensures learning is not confined by walls or constrained by schedules. Learning can easily extend outside the classroom.
- Provides efficient and better assessment and data analysis, leaving more time for data-based and targeted instruction.
The Technology Department Supports Students & Learning By:
- Providing reliable and fast Internet and network infrastructure (improves access to information and collaboration).
- Keeping tech current (fast and reliable devices, equipment & software).
- Ensuring equal, safe, and reliable access to technology (continually improve access to learning tools such as remote access, cloud based services, classroom management tools, etc...).
If Henry Ford had asked people what they wanted, they would have said, “Faster horses.”