Technology Mission Statement: In order to facilitate 21st century learning, the SCSD #1 Technology Department will work tirelessly to provide renowned access to cutting edge tools with superior reliability in a student centered environment to continually improve the greater educational purpose.
Technology Motto: Cita Et Certa
Technology Vision: Be the preeminent example of educational technology and information literacy in the state of Wyoming.
Technology Belief Statements
To Support Education, Technology:
- Technology is vital for education.
- Technology is a tool, not a means.
- Every individual deserves fair access to technology.
- Technology should always support and reinforce learning, never precede it.
- Removes barriers for collaboration and teamwork.
- Gives students and teachers access the most up-to-date information more quickly and easily.
- Ensures learning is not confined by walls or constrained by schedules. Learning can easily extend outside the classroom.
- Provides efficient and better assessment and data analysis, leaving more time for data-based and targeted instruction.
Our Department Supports Students & Learning By:
- Providing reliable and fast Internet and network infrastructure (improves access to information and collaboration).
- Keeping tech current (fast and reliable devices, equipment & software).
- Ensuring equal, safe, and reliable access to technology (continually improve access to learning tools such as remote access, cloud based services, classroom management tools, etc...).